Day: April 20, 2020
Ապրիլի 20-24- «Մանրամասն պատասխանում ենք զբոսաշրջիկի հնարավոր հարցերին»
- What is the climate like in Armenia?
In Armenia, the climate is continental, with cold winters and hot summers.Armenia is a mountainous country, and only a small portion of its territory is located below 1,000 meters (3,300 feet) above sea level, while there are no plains. The climate becomes colder and wetter (and snowy in winter as well) with increasing altitude, while at lower elevations, the rains are scarce and the summer is very hot.
- Is there medical tourism in Armenia?
Armenia is an extremely attractive destination for medical tourism. Armenia is rich in natural healing resources – there are more than 350 mineral springs, including almost all types of balneological classification. The resorts offer wellness treatments for people with diseases of the respiratory tract and lungs, heart and blood vessels, the gastrointestinal tract and many others. In addition, the high qualification of Armenian dentists and low prices for dental treatment have made this country one of the leaders in dental tourism. The most popular health resorts are Jermuk, Arzni, Tsaghkadzor, Dilijan and the salt mines in Yerevan.
- Which is the best time to visit Armenia?
If you want to visit Yerevan and the areas of Armenia below 1,000 meters (3,300 feet), which in summer can be very hot, the best times are spring and autumn, especially the month of May and from mid-September to mid-October. At higher altitudes, such as in Gyumri and Lake Sevan, you can choose instead the summer, from June to September. If you want to find a compromise for the whole country, you can choose June and September, or even July and August for those who can stand the heat.
- Do Armenians write with the Latin Alphabet?
The Armenian alphabet is an alphabetic writing system used to write Armenian. It was developed around 405 AD by Mesrop Mashtots, an Armenian linguist and ecclesiastical leader. The system originally had 36 letters; eventually, three more were adopted. The alphabet was also in wide use in the Ottoman Empire around the 18th and 19th centuries.
The Armenian word for “alphabet” is այբուբեն (aybuben), named after the first two letters of the Armenian alphabet: ⟨Ա⟩ Armenian: այբ ayb and ⟨Բ⟩ Armenian: բեն ben. Armenian is written horizontally, left-to-right
5. Is there anything which is typical of Armenia? What is there in Armenia which can’t be found in other countries?Armenian brandy, wine, and pomegranate are exceptionally tasty. Armenian hospitality and kind people are appreciated by the tourists very much. Armenia is famous for its fountains of free drinkable water in the streets. You can’t find such fountains of drinkable water in other countries. You can’t find khachkars (cross-stones) in other countries either.